Thursday, March 23, 2023

The Agitating Muse



 
During my 31-day commitment of writing and posting a daily piece, this came through ... most likely from the incessant voice of a muse that just won't quit. Thank goodness. 

Oh my goodness – your voice, your encouragement, it beckons
And geez, sitting my butt in my chair is a good idea, I reckon
But there are 1001 distractions that keep knocking at me
Organize the pencil drawer, eat a cupcake, climb a tree
Answer another email, gotta empty that inbox you know
Woops - here comes some more email, only 5 more now to go
Clean off the desk completely, maybe use microfiber on the screen
Must make sure before I start writing that everything is clean
Clean and clear, everything in its place, nothing to erase
So that when I am ready, I can convene sweetly face to face
With the guiding presence that delivers a gift that I cannot lose
Life is grand with the nagging inspiration of the agitating muse 

The agitating muse – OK, OK, I can hear you screaming my name
Whenever it is time to channel your words, it’s always the same 
I get annoyed with every tasky task that is put upon my plate 
I wince in pain, fidget in my chair, find creative ways to hesitate 
I feel like my body is moving in one direction and it’s all wrong
I want to be faithful to the lilting voice echoing a sublime song 
But I got all this shit to do, not even sure what it’s all for 
My left brain and right brain are in an all-out war 
When it gets this crazy, I feel this aggravation and agitation
I long for the action that comes from pure motivation 
I gotta find a way out of this conflict or I will blow a fuse
If only all I had to heed was the nagging inspiration of the agitating muse 

Perhaps there is a way, a path, an opening, a road of real recovery 
Leading to a clearing in a field we share, a place of deep discovery 
Where chaos can reign and rule over the outside world of the blind 
Noticed, acknowledged, accepted, but not followed by a wandering mind  
Here - sitting calm, with a centered and still body is best, I reckon
Oh my goodness – your voice, your encouragement, it beckons
And yes it is actually beautiful, not agitating at all, when I listen clearly 
It only wants to hold high a vision; it only wants to hold me dearly
And whisper its wonder through inspirational pictures and lyrical tone 
Reminding me that at the deepest core, I am never alone 
Let the emails pile up, let the desktop get cluttered, there is only one thing to do 
I am here, with my partner in prose – the astonishing, generous, faithful muse 

No comments:

Post a Comment