Tuesday, July 28, 2020

This Land


 
 
(A parody prose reflecting on current crazy events, as sung to the tune of “This Land is Your Land.”)

This land is your land, and this land is my land
From Left Coast Coolsville, to the New York mob squad
From the Congress fortress, to the deep still waters
This land was made for you and me

As I went blocking cars on a freeway
I saw above me a police copter
Saw below me a fallen comrade
This land was here for you and me

I rushed and rioted, and I've followed my stampede
To the sparkling fireworks thrown in the darkness
All around me a mom’s voice screaming
My child was killed for you and me

When the sun come shining, then I was so shocked
The buildings burned out and the dust clouds billowing
A voice was moaning as the flag was simmering
This land was torn for you and me

This land is your land, and this land is my land
From churning Seattle to burning Portland
From Chicago’s death march, to the lawless New York
This land was wrecked for you and me

When the bricks were soaring, then I was ducking
And the punches flying, the bodies piling
The propaganda chanting and the morgue was filling
This land was spoiled for you and me

This land is your land, and this land is my land
From California to the New York Island
From the Redwood Forest, to the Gulfstream waters
This land was made for you and me

This land is made by you and me


James Anthony Ellis is a writer found at www.LegacyProductions.org.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment