Sunday, October 23, 2022

I Said Chloe’s Name


A dear friend has a lovely pooch named Chloe who has had some health challenges. Once I saw a Facebook post in which someone said a prayer for her, I was inspired by the phrase she used at a sacred space: "I said Chloe's name." Such a poetic line; such a poetic world. 


It’s who we are, it’s how we live 

I heard the news, I wanted to give

The social media post said your dear dog was ill

A prayer for all that is peaceful and still

As we join forces with the illumination of God’s will

Into your cup, from divine abundance, we will fill

I went to the altar today, before the candle flame 

Into the space, I said Chloe’s name

 

I said her name so that all could wish the best

For her health, for her vibrancy, for her rest

I said Chloe’s name, and it gave life to the word 

The blessings of bounty, we can be assured

By a mere utterance, she was placed into the mind of God

That little rascal with dark curls, that wonderful dog

Healing any conditions, the aches, the owies and the pains

Glady, and with exuberance, I said Chloe’s name

 

And so here we stand, as concerns shift to care

Of the path of heart and healing, we are aware

Perfect health in all its forms - spirt, body and mind

For those who remember the power of simply being kind

And giving to those in need when it’s time to say a prayer

Standing strong in faith, as concerns shift to care

Surely yet humbly … happy that up to this alter I came 

So that I could speak into the space … I said Chloe’s name

I said Chloe’s name

 

No comments:

Post a Comment