Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Other Side of the Sun

After loved ones pass away, a myriad of thoughts come along.


 

Tell me where do they go – my friends who were here with me

People tell me to let them go, let it flow, let it be

Tell me of a heaven in the skies, tell me all of those lies

I want to know where the angel of death lands and then flies

The mystery of death is a door with cracked streams of light 

The mystery of death may just reveal the mystery of life

So pull back the curtain, unveil the veil

Disclose the final scene of every fairy tale

Roll that bolder away from the secret cave

I want to know - where are Christiane, Steve, Jullya and Dave?

 

Is it the haven where angels sing a perfect tune?

The land where every sin has been undone? 

Is it the dark side of the moon?

Or ... is it the other side of the sun?

 

Tell me where do they go – the souls who used to walk and talk

And eat and drive and play, and stop and start

They would speak on the phone and then gather for dinner

And watch TV sports – consoling the loser, celebrating the winner

They would gather at parties, and have fun out on the town

They would play the roles of competitor, collaborator and class clown

They were, in the end, someone that no one could save

I want to know – where are Christiane, Steve, Jullya and Dave?

 

Is it a heaven where all have reserved a mansion room?

The kingdom where the Divine reunites with everyone? 

Is it the dark side of the moon?

Or ... is it the other side of the sun?

The other side of the sun

 

No comments:

Post a Comment