Thursday, January 14, 2021

YOUR VOICE

 

I heard that my friend recently lost his mother. His story was moving and inspired some prose. 

 

 

Along my path, we had parted our ways

We had squandered the time in distance and delays

On my journey, there was separation at times

Yet there was a pull to unify our separate minds

In my sojourn, the beginning could start with none other

But the bonds and the beauty of a son and a mother

In my dreams, I embrace the freedom of one choice

In my dreams, I'll always be able to hear your voice

The voice was kind and sweet, always wanting my best

The voice that could put this boy to the test

The voice that was soothing for a soul on the path

The voice echoing memories of a rich and deep past

The voice that mended the hearts and healed the sores

The voice that will, in eternity, always be yours

Time moved along, the call came yesterday

Rekindling the pain that we had parted ways

Reminding me of real connections that can truly stay

Even as I hear the news - last night you passed away

In waking hours, I continue the tasks, all in stride

Yet in dreams, I reach out to where you now reside

In my dreams, all distance dissolves and I see you smile

In my dreams, the love has been here all the while

In my dreams, I embrace the freedom of one choice

In my dreams, I'll always be able to hear your voice

Your voice

 

James Anthony Ellis can be found at www.LegacyProductions.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment