I recall when I first started writing books back in college and I had to research publishers and self-publishing printers. I remember all the big printer equipment and companies were located in - get this - Michigan. And it all seemed so impossible. The thousands of dollars worth of thousands of books (they had giant "runs" to save money) and all that shipping, and the thought of giant boxes of books being shipped out to your parent's house so it could fill up a garage up to the rafters.
What a great idea ... that I knew would not lead me anywhere.
Nowadays it is different. And I am here - after self-publishing seven books in the past four years - to tell you the old days are gone! Self-publishing your book has never been easier.
You can have your book published. Yes you can. You need not listen to any other voice inside your head. Not enough time. Not enough money. Not good enough. These are all voices of resistance that have no power ... once you realize ... you can do it. No longer sitting on a shelf, in a binder, with the label "Book Not Published Yet" your book calls you, and your readership is awaiting the breakthrough.
I have learned a lot over the past few years. You don't have to wait on the publishing deal, which may never come. You can get it done now. Your way. There are many benefits to self-publishing, using a system I have found through Amazon's "CreateSpace."
- Your book GETS PUBLISHED!
- Library-Quality Books - Professional trade paperback binding. Looks cool!
- Inventory Freedom - Books are printed to meet demand, not to be stored in bulk.
- Affordable Copies - You can buy your own books at a low price, regardless of order quantity.
- Free ISBN number.
- Easy Money - Easy system to receive royalties through direct deposit.
- Control - You are in control of your book: the design, the marketing, the branding.
- Competitive Royalties - Some of the highest royalties in the industry. Much higher than those offered through larger publishers.
So what are writers waiting for?
No more headaches with pitches to publishers and agents. No more minuscule commissions that make you wonder why you ever sold your soul and product to some other person in the first place. No more boxes filling up your parent's garage with no place for any cars. No more keeping your ideas and inspiration on a shelf. Get your book organized, written and available to the public now!
To make it all easier on the authors out there, I have set up a webinar to walk you through, step by step, the writing and publishing process. It is easier than you may think. If you had a goal for 2015 to get a book published, don't miss this webinar outlining each step - from manuscript to a soft-cover, perfect bound book, available on Amazon, in libraries, in schools and in bookstores everywhere.
This webinar is perfect for the writer at any level in the publishing process:
- Discover your "why" in creating a book.
- Overcome your own objections in taking the next step.
- Learn the 5-step process in organizing your thoughts, yourself and your book.
- Be inspired in a community of like-minded authors ready to express their passion.
- Learn the 7 basic steps in self-publishing your book.
It will transform you into a published author. You are ready. Yes, you are.
James Anthony Ellis is owner of Legacy Productions. His free webinar "Freeing the Book Within You" is Monday, November 30 from 5:30 - 6:30 pm PST. Interested parties e-mail him directly at JimEllis1103@Yahoo.com.